Study 1: Agile in Practice – An Agile Success Story
Read the article titled “Agile in Practice – An
Agile Success Story” and complete this case study assignment. Note: The article
in PDF format can be found in the online course shell.
Write 4 pages paper in which you:
1. Determine the key reasons why Deloitte Consulting
(DC) chose a modified SCRUM method instead of a traditional waterfall
2. Explain how DC performed project planning and
analyze its effectiveness for later execution and product release.
3. Identify the challenges that DC encountered in each
project phase and explain how they overcame those challenges. Give an opinion
on whether the Agile concepts played an important role in this process.
4. Determine the techniques that DC used to monitor
the project progress and evaluate how it enabled the project success.
5. Explain why DC did not use offshore resources and
evaluate whether the Agile method will work in a project with diverse workforce
geographically and culturally. .
6. Speculate on the leadership roles needed if you
were part of the DC team.
7. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this
assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality
assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font
(size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must
follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any
· Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the
date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment
specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Compare and contrast Agile methods with traditional
project management techniques.
· Explain the challenges and opportunities of an
Agile project leader.
· Summarize the iterative qualities for Agile project
· Describe Agile project management methods and
· Use technology and information resources to
research issues in Agile project management.
· Write clearly and concisely about Agile project
management topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style
for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of
the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.